Sunday, March 18, 2007

Be like Children

God calls us to be like little children. He even states that unless we don't become like little children, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. Child-like faith, and innocence is something we should aspire to. Children (those who have been reared in a relatively good home) generally hope the best in people. They are quick to love, quick to forgive. They are innocent, and quick to believe. Remember that day, when you first were introduced to Jesus? That first day when you first gave your heart to Him? Such excitement filled your heart, such love, such trust. Each day of our lives should be filled with that kind of awe, that kind of passion. When I gave my heart to the Lord on July 18th, 1992...it really was the first step to getting to know the greatest love of my life. After several suicide attempts, and an eating disorder that nearly took my life, God intervened, and I became like a child and gave my heart to Him. Each day, I want to live my life in a manner which shows the kind of passion that I had that first day. And so should we all.

2 comments:

Nana Cheryl said...

He IS our "first love." NEVER let the "flame" of your passion grow dim. He has restored your childhood to you - teaching you the love of your Heavenly Father.

But because of HIS great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved. (Ephesians 2:4-5)

We have been redeemed - our lives randsomed for His glory. He saved us and then gave us a "new life" to live - in freedom - in Him, as His children. :o)

Tamatha said...

amen chicky!