Monday, March 19, 2007

Seek His Face



Philippians 3:8-9
"I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him."
No matter what our circumstances, even if we find ourselves feeling a little like Job, we must in all things keep our eyes on Him. The moment we look to our circumstances we always find ourselves drowning like Peter did when he walked out on the the stormy sea. (At least he got out of the boat!) There are times when we really feel like we just aren't going to make it. But God is good, if we keep our eyes on Him...there He is lifting us out of that drowning water...even though we had little faith. How amazing! Such love.
This is the day of new beginnings,
This is the day I turn the page,
Lord, You've filled my heart with singing,
and I wil never be the same.
Weeping may last for the night
But with praise I wake the dawn,
This is how we overcome,
I sing to You a new song.

1 comment:

Nana Cheryl said...

AMEN!! This is so, so true. It is often hard to see God's Hand in the midst of our suffering, but He will not let us drown. He "lifts us out" and we "sing a new song" to our wonderful Lord.

(I LOVE this picture. One I didn't have... until now!)